10-29-2020, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the Forum dr.dro! I suggest you load your 17 round E-Lander mags to capacity and let them set loaded till you go to the range. The E-L mag springs are very stout when new. The E-L mags will wear in with use but are hard to load an unload when new. I use the edge of a plastic letter opener to push down on the next to top cartridge if I need to unload my new E-Lander mags. You can manually cycle the rounds through the rifle but I wont do this unless Im in a safe shooting environment.
If you reload ammo it is recommended to use primers with thick cups because of the AR-15 floating firing pin. Thin cup primers like CCI 400, Winchester and Remington small rifle primers use thinner cups. I use CCI 450, CCI 41, BR4, Remington 7 1/2, or Federal GMM AR primers.
If you ever look at an unfired cartridge from an AR-15 chamber youll notice a small dent on the primer from the floating firing pin. If you get a bolt firing pin that have excessive firing pin protrusion there is greater likelihood of a slam fire.
If you reload ammo it is recommended to use primers with thick cups because of the AR-15 floating firing pin. Thin cup primers like CCI 400, Winchester and Remington small rifle primers use thinner cups. I use CCI 450, CCI 41, BR4, Remington 7 1/2, or Federal GMM AR primers.
If you ever look at an unfired cartridge from an AR-15 chamber youll notice a small dent on the primer from the floating firing pin. If you get a bolt firing pin that have excessive firing pin protrusion there is greater likelihood of a slam fire.

