New member, excited to be a part of this community!
#1
Hey everyone, very excited to be a part of this awesome community! I became fascinated with the 6.5 Grendel after I decided to build my own custom long range AR-15. I did some research and pretty quickly settled on the Grendel as my caliber. I am planning to reload my own ammo and use it for hunting primarily, but I wouldn't mind occasional long range target practice as well. However, I'm still pretty new to all of this so I figured I'm gonna need all the help I can get. Right now I got my hands on the American Gunner 123 gr BTHP ammo for breaking it in and generic practice, but the end goal is to only shoot hand loads. Here is my build (pics attached):

Lower: Aero Precision M4E1
Upper: Aero Precision M4E1
Lower Kit: Dirty Bird Enhanced 2-Stage Lower Parts Kit
Upper Kit: Aero Precision Upper Parts Kit
Buffer Tube: Aero Precision AR15 Carbine Buffer Kit
Bolt Carrier: Aero Precision Bolt Carrier Group, Complete – Black Nitride
Barrel: Ballistic Advantage 18" Lite Barrel
Gas Block: Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas Block - Clamp On .750
Gas Tube: Aero Precision Melonite Gas Tube, Rifle Length
Handguard: Parallax Tactical FFSSR 15.5? Gen 3 M-LOK Handguard
Optic: Primary Arms 1-6x24mm SFP Gen III Illuminated Riflescope K.I.S.S. reticle
Muzzle Device: VG6 Precision Epsilon 65 BBSS
Charging Handle: Strike Industries AR Charging Handle
Magazine: E-Lander 6.5 Grendel AR Magazines - 17rd

I just recently ordered the optic so I'm pretty excited about trying that out, and the stock I borrowed from my Ruger 556 for now but I'm thinking about going with the Luth-AR MBA-3. Eventually I will upgrade the optic as well, but for now I need to get comfortable with it at 100-200 yards and the SFP Gen 3 has great reviews.

So, that's about it for introduction! Looking forward to your suggestions and advice, especially when it comes to preferred hunting loads for the 18" barrel.


Thanks,
Dr. Dro.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New member, excited to be a part of this community! - by dr.dro - 10-29-2020, 04:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)