08-29-2020, 03:46 PM
I can live with either the E-L 17s or CPD/D 20s as long as the manufacturers maintain consistent quality control. If your not bound by government regulations I like the size of the 17/20 round 6.5 Grendel mags as they are not enough bigger than the ten round mags to have disadvantages.
For somebody with their first new 6.5 Grendel AR-15 I recommend the CPD/D 20 or any brand of the ten round mags. There seem to be fewer QC problems with the ten round 6.5 Grendel mags. With an unproven new build you need a good reliable mag in the event there is a problem. Its easier to diagnose a problem with the semi auto with a proven mag. The E-Landers are not as easy to load or unload when new and require a breakin period so why Id recommend the CPD/D.
For somebody with their first new 6.5 Grendel AR-15 I recommend the CPD/D 20 or any brand of the ten round mags. There seem to be fewer QC problems with the ten round 6.5 Grendel mags. With an unproven new build you need a good reliable mag in the event there is a problem. Its easier to diagnose a problem with the semi auto with a proven mag. The E-Landers are not as easy to load or unload when new and require a breakin period so why Id recommend the CPD/D.

