08-23-2020, 08:13 AM
Thanks guys for the kind welcome.
Yes I've spotted one other kiwi that I recognise on here.
Hole arrangement:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16658[/ATTACH]
A quick test with and without suppressor.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16659[/ATTACH]
The first loads I tried seemed good enough. I wanted under moa, which I got straight away.
Taking off the suppressor moves the point of impact a little, about 1 moa, which You'd try to take into account for a rabbit at 100 but for a goat or deer - no worries.
I think the over thick barrel helps with this. It shot pretty much the same when it was hard bedded on the tip, too. I wonder if the thick barrel and mild load make it tolerant of a lot of variables that would make another gun fussy.
Yes I've spotted one other kiwi that I recognise on here.
Hole arrangement:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16658[/ATTACH]
A quick test with and without suppressor.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16659[/ATTACH]
The first loads I tried seemed good enough. I wanted under moa, which I got straight away.
Taking off the suppressor moves the point of impact a little, about 1 moa, which You'd try to take into account for a rabbit at 100 but for a goat or deer - no worries.
I think the over thick barrel helps with this. It shot pretty much the same when it was hard bedded on the tip, too. I wonder if the thick barrel and mild load make it tolerant of a lot of variables that would make another gun fussy.

