Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
near disaster
#8
Cotay Wrote:Quite scary and a good reminder to pay attention when shooting and to learn the characteristics of your equipment so you can recognize odd behavior before it results in a tragedy. Most stoppages I've ever experienced in a rifle were from magazines that were capable of being overloaded and the rifle choked on it.

I am surprised that powder didn't fly everywhere when the case was ejected.

Cotay:

Same thought here. When this happens the powder really flies.

What I do is to push up on the magazine to make sure it is locked and look at the ejection port when I pull the charging handle or slide on a pistol back to make sure a piece of brass comes out and if it didn't fire that the piece of brass still has the bullet attached. I also look to see the next round does get stripped and chambers. If it goes part way in and stops, I see it and know a bullet is lodged in the chamber. However I never get that far because I check my rifle brass after charging to make sure every piece has powder and that the levels are as equal as I can see with my eye. With a progressive it pays to have a low charge alarm on one of the stations.

LR55
Reply


Messages In This Thread
near disaster - by snell - 08-17-2020, 08:34 PM
near disaster - by gwtx - 08-18-2020, 02:19 AM
near disaster - by A5BLASTER - 08-18-2020, 04:22 AM
near disaster - by topcaat1 - 08-18-2020, 04:23 AM
near disaster - by topcaat1 - 08-18-2020, 04:24 AM
near disaster - by topcaat1 - 08-18-2020, 04:28 AM
near disaster - by Cotay - 08-18-2020, 09:24 PM
near disaster - by LR1955 - 08-19-2020, 12:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)