Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel
#3
geaux87 Wrote:Im building my first 6.5G. I am looking at faxon, ballistic advantage, or atheris, which is the superior of those?

Also i cant decide 18" or 20". My plans with it are mainly predator, hog, and deer hunting. Shots up to 500 yards is 18" enough barrel or do i need 20"?


Thanks in advance for yalls help.

I just built 2 AR 6.5 grendel rifles and although I haven't tried the other 2 barrel manufacturers you asked about I really like the 20" DMR ballistic advantage barrel and have had mine out to 875 yards (as far as my range goes) with no issues.

I would go 20" probably for the additional velocity, but more important is the gas length. Between the 2 rifles I built the one with rifle gas shoots much better. If you can get an 18 with rifle gas maybe go that way if you are adding a supressor to keep overall length low, otherwise 20" all the way imo.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel - by geaux87 - 07-29-2020, 06:56 PM
Barrel - by A5BLASTER - 07-29-2020, 07:38 PM
Barrel - by shreddykruger - 07-30-2020, 01:37 PM
Barrel - by js8588 - 07-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Barrel - by wideglidejoe - 07-30-2020, 03:18 PM
Barrel - by VASCAR2 - 07-30-2020, 07:31 PM
Barrel - by FLshooter - 07-30-2020, 10:09 PM
Barrel - by drewthebrave - 07-31-2020, 12:38 AM
Barrel - by Pootyng - 08-02-2020, 01:26 AM
Barrel - by am4966 - 08-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Barrel - by Klaus Von Richter - 08-11-2020, 01:43 AM
Barrel - by NightStalker - 08-17-2020, 07:29 PM
Barrel - by Mopar forever - 08-18-2020, 12:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)