03-22-2012, 03:34 PM
I just got notification that my AR15Performance "5R" barrel is enroute. It should be here on Tuesday of next week. But... When I asked the other day for a status update on my order (I pre-ordered before the barrels were in stock), I got this reply:
I guess we'll see if it matters once I get the gun built.
AR15Performance Wrote:They are here but, they are a 6R rifling. OOPs barrel manufacturer counted wrong.I was under the impression that one of the main benefits of the 5R rifling was that the lands were each opposite a groove because of the odd number. :confused:
I don't see a big difference, the main thing is that the lands are the correct shape and will not distort the bullet shape and has no corners to collect copper.
I guess we'll see if it matters once I get the gun built.
