07-22-2020, 01:28 PM
Klem Wrote:tdbru,
You make a good point.
I will add that hunting is not a high volume shooting session. Only a handful of rounds per night.
Except in hog/deer depredation shooting. Then the rounds add up pretty quick. The first shot is usually pretty solid but after that you shoot until you run out of ammo or hogs. It's true in the scheme of things, ammo is relatively cheap but having that $$$ to spend on gas, etc is good too. I predominately use AG and if put in the right place they drop, once they start running I haven't noticed much difference in different variants of bullets since most will be body shots on a tough motivated target. And if they run a 100 yrds before dropping it doesn't make much difference. And a lot of the times the farmer is happier if they make it to the woods before dying. Just my 2 ct.
Jay

