07-16-2020, 01:54 AM
Illumination is a feel good feature. It's absolutely un-NECESSARY. But, when you want it because it would be handy, it's awful nice to know it's there.
What did we do before 10 years ago when illuminated reticles became market-available?
It must have been hard, because I don't buy non-illuminated reticles. I won't even look at them anymore.
Correction: once you've had light, you'll know what's right.
If you're going to be hunting into the 30minutes before/after sunset windows - that's the regs here in KS - then they are almost a must have. Especially good ones, that have settings for night vision or low light specific settings. Too much light is a bad thing. Not fun to lose your target to the blinding light in the reticle. The one's I've got are low light friendly, they are visible during almost no light, but can't be seen at all during the day.
What did we do before 10 years ago when illuminated reticles became market-available?
It must have been hard, because I don't buy non-illuminated reticles. I won't even look at them anymore. Correction: once you've had light, you'll know what's right.
If you're going to be hunting into the 30minutes before/after sunset windows - that's the regs here in KS - then they are almost a must have. Especially good ones, that have settings for night vision or low light specific settings. Too much light is a bad thing. Not fun to lose your target to the blinding light in the reticle. The one's I've got are low light friendly, they are visible during almost no light, but can't be seen at all during the day.
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

