07-10-2020, 11:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 11:41 PM by Mad Charlie.)
I do the same as Klem, more or less. I do wet tumble occasionally, but since I have installed brass catchers on all of my AR platforms and the cases no longer land in the dirt, I just wipe them down with a rag with a little mineral spirits or denatured alcohol. Then through the sizer as usual. I wet tumble after a batch has three firings to get the pockets clean, and generally spiffy up the cases a little. I use a cheap de-priming die to de-prime before a wet tumble. If I de-prime with my Co-Ax the residues just drop down the tube into the primer catcher.
In the days before brass catchers, I would de-prime a batch of cases and put them in an empty coffee container with hot water and a tablespoon of Simple Green Industrial and shake it up with the lid on then rinse well and dry in the oven. Still do that sometimes.
Doesn't get the pockets any cleaner though, just a quick and easy way to clean up the cases before sizing. Cleans em up after sizing too.
In the days before brass catchers, I would de-prime a batch of cases and put them in an empty coffee container with hot water and a tablespoon of Simple Green Industrial and shake it up with the lid on then rinse well and dry in the oven. Still do that sometimes.
Doesn't get the pockets any cleaner though, just a quick and easy way to clean up the cases before sizing. Cleans em up after sizing too.

