gas rings burning up?
#10
I have one BCG that I used for about 5 years shooting service matches & then another 15 years shooting 3 gun. I stopped using it about 3 years ago when I replaced it with a NiB BCG. I relegated it to my used parts bin. The springs, extractor & gas rings had never been replaced. I fished the old BCG out of the parts bin & did the carrier weight test on it. To my chagrin, the carrier slid down the bolt. No telling how long I used that AR with worn gas rings!

While I was at it, I checked the ejector spring also. It was about 1/8" shorter than the spring in a barely used bolt. I replaced the gas rings & the extractor spring & ordered a new ejector spring. Didn't replace the extractor... still looked great.

I keep learning more about ARs by hanging around here. Thanks everyone for your knowledge & wisdom. Smile
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-17-2020, 05:45 PM
gas rings burning up? - by A5BLASTER - 06-17-2020, 06:46 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Klem - 06-17-2020, 09:26 PM
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-18-2020, 05:32 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Klem - 06-18-2020, 10:33 PM
gas rings burning up? - by LRRPF52 - 06-18-2020, 11:22 PM
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-19-2020, 05:30 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Old Bob - 06-29-2020, 12:49 PM
gas rings burning up? - by montana - 06-19-2020, 10:28 PM
gas rings burning up? - by montana - 06-19-2020, 10:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)