Is the gas chamber chrome lined?
#13
So, while rooting through my AR parts I found a couple carriers and gas keys I bought at least 15 years ago.
They appear to be just phosphated. I need to take another look at the inside of the gas keys to see if they are chrome lined.

I was regretting they didn't have one of the more advanced modern coatings and was checking out prices and considering ordering something in TiN or NiB.

Then as I read about the coating types it occurred to me I could have them hard chromed. I did this with several pistols in the past.
I send an email to the guy who does this (Mahovskys Metalife in Grand Valley PA) and intend to go that way.
FYI: http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/#c-jqo31ui4SwVj

Is there any disadvantage to having this done to the carriers and keys?
The bolts are monsters bought here.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by CJW - 02-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by A5BLASTER - 02-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by LRRPF52 - 02-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by CJW - 02-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by A5BLASTER - 02-21-2020, 08:04 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by A5BLASTER - 02-22-2020, 12:25 AM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by Old Bob - 02-22-2020, 11:20 AM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by stubshaft - 06-11-2020, 05:36 AM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by LRRPF52 - 06-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by PVBoom - 06-27-2020, 12:00 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by Klem - 06-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by PVBoom - 06-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by Klem - 06-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by FLshooter - 06-27-2020, 11:44 PM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by montana - 06-28-2020, 03:50 AM
Is the gas chamber chrome lined? - by PVBoom - 06-28-2020, 01:32 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)