06-26-2020, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I'll just shoot my first few groups with the AG.
The barrel is a 13" Sanders Armory stainless match 5r, which I'm 99.9% sure is a house branded Satern Liberty (based on the barrel profile, rifling type, and hints from SA about their barrel manufacturer.) I figure, if I can get better accuracy for a longer span of the barrel's lifetime, the juice could be worth the squeeze. Being a house brand barrel, it's unlikely they took great time and care with QC, so odds are higher that there's burrs to be knocked down. And, since I'll be taking chrono readings and dialing in my scope, it wouldn't hurt anything doing a few cleanings in between groups... though I doubt I'll go as far as many folks suggest.
About the Hornady Black, the 123gr AG is the same ammo as the Black 123gr BTHP, just bulk packaging vs 20/box. I do intend to pick up some ELD 123gr as well, but I doubt I'll find any locally before I go to the lease.
As for the Wolf, my case has a mfg date of 12/19, which is 8 months after Bill Alexander spoke of the Barnaul Grendel production line being retooled. According to him, their projectiles are now sized properly at 0.264... though I cannot confirm without any means of pulling bullets. I will report back with accuracy results after the trip.
Thanks again for the help!
The barrel is a 13" Sanders Armory stainless match 5r, which I'm 99.9% sure is a house branded Satern Liberty (based on the barrel profile, rifling type, and hints from SA about their barrel manufacturer.) I figure, if I can get better accuracy for a longer span of the barrel's lifetime, the juice could be worth the squeeze. Being a house brand barrel, it's unlikely they took great time and care with QC, so odds are higher that there's burrs to be knocked down. And, since I'll be taking chrono readings and dialing in my scope, it wouldn't hurt anything doing a few cleanings in between groups... though I doubt I'll go as far as many folks suggest.
About the Hornady Black, the 123gr AG is the same ammo as the Black 123gr BTHP, just bulk packaging vs 20/box. I do intend to pick up some ELD 123gr as well, but I doubt I'll find any locally before I go to the lease.
As for the Wolf, my case has a mfg date of 12/19, which is 8 months after Bill Alexander spoke of the Barnaul Grendel production line being retooled. According to him, their projectiles are now sized properly at 0.264... though I cannot confirm without any means of pulling bullets. I will report back with accuracy results after the trip.
Thanks again for the help!

