Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here
#15
1Shot Wrote:I have been using the Lee dies to load my Grendel and have no issues other than after 5 or 6 loadings some of the Hornady cases necks start to crack. I do not anneal so that could be part of the problem. I found a set of Hornady dies to give a try but have not had the time yet As far as Lee dies go I have loaded with about everyone's make of die over the past 40 years and they all have their quirks now and then. I have no problem with Lee except their locking rings that don't lock.
I just caught wind of these new Lee locking rings. They have to lock better than the older/basic type, and they are a lot less expensive than the Hornadys, thus easier to swap out for many sets of dies:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021760132?pid=575065
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 12:18 AM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 02:22 PM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-26-2020, 02:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)