Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here
#10
I use their collet dies in three other calibres and they work for me. You don't need to lube the cases, just on the outside of the collet so it doesn't bind. Collet dies neck-size only so are no good for auto loaders. Like kmon I also use Lee dies in the Dillon progressive for 9mm. You don't need the same level of precision for handgun and I've had those dies for decades. The Lee Loadmaster press I started off with was more trouble that it was worth. Kept breaking.

I don't have the same brand loyalty or hatred that some others have but for full length sizing I would be cautious. We will find out shortly when the numbers come in anyway. There's another thread not long ago where the numbers show the Lee die he had was over-working cases to an early grave.

.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by Klem - 06-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 12:18 AM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 02:22 PM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-26-2020, 02:16 AM
Why do Lee dies get slagged so much here - by SDW - 06-26-2020, 02:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)