Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Varget revisted?
#4
Lemonaid Wrote:Is it time to give Varget a second look for 6.5 Grendel? It is the go to powder for the 6mm Dasher, a top choice for 6AR and 6 ARC, plus many others but for the 6.5 Grendel it is chopped liver for some reason.
I plan on testing some of the 120's with Varget, starting with the Sierra 120 Pro Hunter. I can fit 29.5 grains into a Lapua case with no compression at 2.270". Sierra's web data max = 27.7 grains at 2.135" so I am wondering did they stop there to avoid compression? (My test was 27.7 grains would start compression at 2.182")
Before I go beyond the Max Sierra Load, I request from some kind vile horde member who has quickLOAD to run the numbers so that I can keep my face from being blown off! Smile
Sierra 120 Pro Hunter, Varget, Lapua case, CCI 450 primer seated to 2.270 or 2.280 say 29.0 grains?
I know others have tried Varget and found it lacking, if you have that data handy it would be a great help if you would share it here.
Thanks in advance!

You literally can't put enough varget in the grendel case to make it a dangerous load. It will be so compressed it will push the bullet back out the case.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Varget revisted? - by Lemonaid - 06-22-2020, 06:50 AM
Varget revisted? - by Klem - 06-22-2020, 08:51 AM
Varget revisted? - by Code4 - 06-22-2020, 09:54 AM
Varget revisted? - by A5BLASTER - 06-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Varget revisted? - by Lemonaid - 06-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Varget revisted? - by sundowner - 06-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Varget revisted? - by jbmarshtx - 06-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Varget revisted? - by NugginFutz - 06-22-2020, 07:18 PM
Varget revisted? - by Ronincjn - 06-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Varget revisted? - by Bigs28 - 06-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Varget revisted? - by Lemonaid - 06-28-2020, 02:56 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)