06-18-2020, 11:22 PM
Look inside the carrier bore to see if there are rough tool marks.
This is fairly common on vismod-15s where the rifles aren't held to the US TDP/Mil-Std.
The rough texture from the tool marks will shred gas rings for sport.
It's something I personally inspect on all my carriers before I allow them to move to the next level of inspections, which is gas ring tension per the gravity test found in armorer manuals.
I also inspect the carrier keys for dings on the mouth where the gas tube inserts, whether they are loose or not, and fastener type.
This problem has popped up on even some of the higher-end AR15s, so no company is immune to it and many of them are sourcing their carriers from the same shops.
This is fairly common on vismod-15s where the rifles aren't held to the US TDP/Mil-Std.
The rough texture from the tool marks will shred gas rings for sport.
It's something I personally inspect on all my carriers before I allow them to move to the next level of inspections, which is gas ring tension per the gravity test found in armorer manuals.
I also inspect the carrier keys for dings on the mouth where the gas tube inserts, whether they are loose or not, and fastener type.
This problem has popped up on even some of the higher-end AR15s, so no company is immune to it and many of them are sourcing their carriers from the same shops.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
