gas rings burning up?
#4
Doh!
I didn't think to take a pic when I replaced the rings.
It looks to me like the they got way too hot and started melting at the small gaps in the rings. They were burnt and partly melted with black carbon. One slipped partially out of the slot in the bolt and was stuck grinding between the bolt and carrier.
I was thinking maybe something was out of spec and the friction between the bolt and carrier could have caused the overheating, but when I put the new rings in the bolt didn't seem too tight inside the carrier.
You guys think most likely there's too much hot gas getting in there?
RSO, Shotgun Shooting Coach Level 1
Reply


Messages In This Thread
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-17-2020, 05:45 PM
gas rings burning up? - by A5BLASTER - 06-17-2020, 06:46 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Klem - 06-17-2020, 09:26 PM
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-18-2020, 05:32 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Klem - 06-18-2020, 10:33 PM
gas rings burning up? - by LRRPF52 - 06-18-2020, 11:22 PM
gas rings burning up? - by zero G - 06-19-2020, 05:30 PM
gas rings burning up? - by Old Bob - 06-29-2020, 12:49 PM
gas rings burning up? - by montana - 06-19-2020, 10:28 PM
gas rings burning up? - by montana - 06-19-2020, 10:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)