06-17-2020, 10:52 PM
I have hand loaded rounds into the chamber and dropped the bolt more times than I care to remember. The barrel is of course always pointing in a safe direction. Never had a slam fire and never seen, or even know anyone who has. I have read about it but I think we need to put it in perspective, it is almost an urban myth...almost.
I use 450's for the slam fire protection, but also because they are a consistent primer and protect against piercing and over-pressure. The small-primer guys in F Class use them when overloading their 223's to get to 1K yards. They are intensely competitive and fastidious with components. They cost no more than other primers so for me it's an easy decision.
I use 450's for the slam fire protection, but also because they are a consistent primer and protect against piercing and over-pressure. The small-primer guys in F Class use them when overloading their 223's to get to 1K yards. They are intensely competitive and fastidious with components. They cost no more than other primers so for me it's an easy decision.

