Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My 6.5 nothing fancy
#9
jambuster Wrote:Been lurking for a while and just thought I would tell you about my Grendel.The wife gave me a night vision scope Christmas of 2018. It needed a gun so in September of 2019 I bought a Palmetto upper , 20" barrel , 1 in 8" barrel . I have been swapping it on and off my 556. Just a basic gun but good enough for my purposes. When I got it the only ammo I could find was some 120gr Federal Fusion and only 1 box. I made due last fall and only shot 10 rounds at paper used the rest hog hunting. By the way it is very good ammo. Since then I have picked up 5 boxes of Hornaday 123 SST.

I've been a handloader since 1974 and I ordered some Lee dies and 120gr Speer Gold Dots this week. Getting ready for fall.

Welcome to the horde and congrats on the grendel.

120 gold dot and 28.6 grains of arcomp over a cci450 is the hotness in several ar grendels I have had and still have.

Work up to it in 2 or 3 tenths increase, gold dot is a great lil bullet for both hunting and target. I have taken both my 12.5 and 12 inch to 600 yards on steel with that load.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by jambuster - 06-10-2020, 02:22 AM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by Kswhitetails - 06-10-2020, 02:30 AM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by Rosecrans1 - 06-10-2020, 09:31 AM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by FLshooter - 06-10-2020, 11:15 AM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by 1Shot - 06-10-2020, 12:53 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by jambuster - 06-10-2020, 02:22 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by lazyengineer - 06-10-2020, 02:57 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by grayfox - 06-10-2020, 04:02 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by A5BLASTER - 06-10-2020, 04:20 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by jambuster - 06-10-2020, 04:25 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by sbowhuntr - 06-10-2020, 07:02 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by grayfox - 06-10-2020, 08:00 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by jambuster - 06-10-2020, 08:51 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by 1Shot - 06-11-2020, 08:26 PM
My 6.5 nothing fancy - by jambuster - 06-13-2020, 10:22 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)