06-10-2020, 01:09 AM
Yup, we generally keep the Grendel to about 50,000 PSI and Some do load to the 52,800 max Grendel pressure. Boltaction some guys load to 58,000 or 60,000 and get up to about 200fps more but at the cost of less brass and barrel life. I thought about that and if I want more speed in the 264 diameter bullets I just pickup the 6.5-284 or 264 WM.
To me he Grendel itself is a great cartridge that fits it's niche very well, enough gun for a lot of my hunting and target uses with very low recoil.
I no longer have the place to shoot 800+ yards when ever I want to, that lease got sold. Now having 300 yards as my max range anywhere close and hunting wise 225 yards is my longest possible shot and most are less than 100 yards. I so not see a need for this one and several of the guns I own
To me he Grendel itself is a great cartridge that fits it's niche very well, enough gun for a lot of my hunting and target uses with very low recoil.
I no longer have the place to shoot 800+ yards when ever I want to, that lease got sold. Now having 300 yards as my max range anywhere close and hunting wise 225 yards is my longest possible shot and most are less than 100 yards. I so not see a need for this one and several of the guns I own

