06-02-2020, 04:41 PM
A5BLASTER Wrote:Can't say never used the other handguard. I checked them both out and liked the looks and profile of the atlas s-one more, it fits my hands very well yet still wide enough to get a adjustable gas block under it.thanks again for the reply. I will go with the Atlas when they come back in stock. I definitely want an adjustable gas block even though Ive never used one yet.
I also much prefer the barrel nut system and the way the handguard attaches to the barrel nut over the other system they use.
One thing I should point out about the atlas s-one is the front few inches is made for the gas block to fit under. The rest of the handguard is too small for a gas block to fit.
So you have to match your handguard length to your gas length. I'm useing a 7 and 9 inch on my two short grendels, both have carbine length gas systems.
The 7 inch falls right behind the gas block ( how I like it) and the 9 inch covers the gas block.
Have a 12 inch on a mid length gas set up wildcat upper and the handguard covers it's gas block as well.
I have found that the high dollar slr gas blocks have the most clearance but my cheap wojetck gas blocks also fit without touching. All I use is adjustable gas, so if your going with a standard gas block it should have a bit more clearance.
So do you know what size handgraurd I need So it will fall in behind the gas block?

