Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bear bullet options.
#6
kpswihart Wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure it matters - as long as it is a quality bullet. Any bullet you'd shoot a hog or deer with should be fine. As cliche as it sounds, shot placement is key. I've killed several bears while hunting and in my former profession. They're not particularly hard to kill, poke a hole in the lungs or put a round through the CNS and they die.

If I was going out to intentionally kill a bear, with a Grendel, I'd shoot the 129 ABLR. I have a good supply loaded and it shoots well in my 12" gun.
I tried those I bought 12 of them to try in the moa sample pack. Couldn't get them to shoot worth a crap with the charges I tried. Tried lvroulution 29.7 and 30.2 maybe try again. Want to shoot some at distance with jugs filled with wet newspaper
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Bear bullet options. - by Nordy55 - 05-30-2020, 11:24 PM
Bear bullet options. - by A5BLASTER - 05-31-2020, 12:56 AM
Bear bullet options. - by Dinny - 05-31-2020, 05:30 AM
Bear bullet options. - by kpswihart - 05-31-2020, 11:26 AM
Bear bullet options. - by 1Shot - 05-31-2020, 11:59 AM
Bear bullet options. - by Nordy55 - 05-31-2020, 03:28 PM
Bear bullet options. - by kpswihart - 05-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Bear bullet options. - by A5BLASTER - 06-01-2020, 01:45 AM
Bear bullet options. - by Nordy55 - 06-01-2020, 02:22 AM
Bear bullet options. - by A5BLASTER - 06-01-2020, 02:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)