05-30-2020, 01:01 PM
Don't forget though... Satterlee isn't guaranteeing hair splitting accuracy with his method. He's simply using those shots over the chronograph to find a range with consistent velocities. He's chasing a load with low ES and SD numbers. Typically if you're in a velocity node you'll have good accuracy too.
I have used this method to develop 3 diff. rifles and it's worked just fine each time. After finding the highest velocity, safe, node I could; I played with seating depth and have them all shooting between 1/2moa-1moa with no fuss. Even if my initial group wasn't good, after playing with seating depth it was a quick process to get to SD numbers under 10 and groups under 1moa.
I would venture to say that if it doesn't work maybe there's another factor at play such as case prep or loading practices.
Re-watch between 5:00-8:00 and then at 10:30-14:00
It's not a method for everyone, sure... however I know it works for me as I want to have a load with low SD numbers, especially in my bolt gun that sees much longer range than my Grendel. I'll personally continue to use it.
I have used this method to develop 3 diff. rifles and it's worked just fine each time. After finding the highest velocity, safe, node I could; I played with seating depth and have them all shooting between 1/2moa-1moa with no fuss. Even if my initial group wasn't good, after playing with seating depth it was a quick process to get to SD numbers under 10 and groups under 1moa.
I would venture to say that if it doesn't work maybe there's another factor at play such as case prep or loading practices.
Re-watch between 5:00-8:00 and then at 10:30-14:00
It's not a method for everyone, sure... however I know it works for me as I want to have a load with low SD numbers, especially in my bolt gun that sees much longer range than my Grendel. I'll personally continue to use it.

