Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Playing with seating depth
#13
imaguy3 Wrote:I disagree with the guys about the AR. Sure you may not be able to go towards the lands as far, but you can increase jump and still get good results. I am currently sitting at a base to ogive measurement of 1.654" on my loads. My base to ogive to hit the lands is 1.748". That gives me a current bullet jump of 0.094".

When I settled on my powder charge (26.96gr IMR8208xbr). My SD numbers are single digits and I have no pressure signs. When I did my length tests I started at 1.626 and ran it to 1.686". I settled on my measurement bringing me down from 1.5moa to 3/4moa.

Have to agree myself. I thinking playing with seating depth in increments of 5 thousands is a good thing.

Both my 12.5 and 12 inch grendels 120 gold dot load shoot well inside 5 shots under half inch because of doing a good ladder and then playing with seating depth till I found what it wanted.

Realistically the argument that a bolt action grendel has more room for loads is just that a argument. I have owned a howa grendel and now a CZ grendel and the difference in useable mag space isn't enough to say it's a difference.

My thinking is if I do something for my bolt grendel handloads too get the most out of them, then why would I not use those same techniques when loading for my ar grendels.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Playing with seating depth - by Labrat198 - 05-27-2020, 06:38 PM
Playing with seating depth - by Harpoon1 - 05-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Playing with seating depth - by imaguy3 - 05-27-2020, 06:50 PM
Playing with seating depth - by grayfox - 05-27-2020, 08:22 PM
Playing with seating depth - by A5BLASTER - 05-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Playing with seating depth - by imaguy3 - 05-27-2020, 08:58 PM
Playing with seating depth - by Klem - 05-27-2020, 09:45 PM
Playing with seating depth - by Labrat198 - 05-28-2020, 12:48 AM
Playing with seating depth - by Klem - 05-28-2020, 01:23 AM
Playing with seating depth - by grayfox - 05-28-2020, 02:08 AM
Playing with seating depth - by Labrat198 - 05-28-2020, 10:40 AM
Playing with seating depth - by imaguy3 - 05-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Playing with seating depth - by A5BLASTER - 05-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Playing with seating depth - by Happy2Shoot - 05-28-2020, 03:12 PM
Playing with seating depth - by Labrat198 - 05-28-2020, 04:14 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)