05-14-2020, 11:28 AM
I dont get why people hunt with match bullets. There are so many good hunting rounds to pick from. SST is hardly any better then ELD-M but at least they tried to make a hunting bullet out of it.
For varmint or stuff not for the table, i can understand. But deer? Never!
I was once keen on the Eld-X in my 6.5x55, but I realised that its made for the 500+ meter ranges that americans tend to hunt at, not the sub 100 meters we expect in sweden. Taking on something like a moose with that sure kills it, but we hunt for meat and there is no reason to pepper it all with lead fragments. Give me a heavy roundnose or softnose with bonded lead core if you must use lead bullets at all.
For varmint or stuff not for the table, i can understand. But deer? Never!
I was once keen on the Eld-X in my 6.5x55, but I realised that its made for the 500+ meter ranges that americans tend to hunt at, not the sub 100 meters we expect in sweden. Taking on something like a moose with that sure kills it, but we hunt for meat and there is no reason to pepper it all with lead fragments. Give me a heavy roundnose or softnose with bonded lead core if you must use lead bullets at all.

