Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New to the Grendel
#8
I think one of the great advantages of the AR15 in 6.5 Grendel (or even the 6.8) is that it shoots a powerful enough round to offer sufficient penetration to cleanly kill medium-sized game but with a moderate level of recoil given the light weight of a 16" tube, for example. I'm not particularly recoil sensitive, but I can tell ya that I shoot my Grendel better than a 308, and I shoot a 5.56 better than a Grendel. I'm not behind a gun for practice nearly as often as I'd like to be, so the lesser the recoil, the better I typically shoot. The Grendel strikes a nice balance in the AR15.

The Grendel does require mags that are specific to the cartridge, though you might be able to stuff 4 or 5 rounds in a standard 5.56 mag and get mostly satisfactory performance for range work. However, Grendel-specific mags won't break the bank. Google "6.5 Grendel magazines" and you can quickly find half a dozen places to order them for less than $20 apiece.

Within normal hunting distances, the Grendel will work just fine for deer and game of a similar size.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
New to the Grendel - by wojo14 - 03-14-2012, 12:40 AM
New to the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 03-14-2012, 01:40 AM
New to the Grendel - by adamjp - 03-14-2012, 02:04 AM
New to the Grendel - by MedicMan218 - 03-14-2012, 03:02 AM
New to the Grendel - by Whelenon - 03-14-2012, 04:14 AM
New to the Grendel - by Schwag173 - 03-14-2012, 04:58 AM
New to the Grendel - by wojo14 - 03-14-2012, 09:46 AM
New to the Grendel - by ss355 - 03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
New to the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
New to the Grendel - by hm2 clark - 03-18-2012, 03:06 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)