05-04-2020, 02:17 AM
Jimla Wrote:I am a big fan of Reloder 17, one of my favorite 7mm-08 powders. Wanted to use it with my Grendel because quickload listed it as the best performing powder but I could not find load data, so I search a AR15 site and found out it was causing other AR-15 gas tubes to break and others explain why, which seemed to make since. AR-10 may be OK, they may be stronger than AR-15 gas system. Or the others reporting the problem could of had low quality tubes.
I also use it for 220gr RN's in 308 where it works REAL nice there too. I just started experimenting with it in 7-08 and got pulled into something else. It did look very promising as I recall. I did notice the brass is HOT though. Also noted some pretty hard carbon in the throat on a 308 though that had seen a number of rounds with it. I wonder what the round count was w/ RL17 these "exploding gas tubes". Never heard of the issue...

