05-03-2020, 02:21 AM
I have typically been a bolt action (270 Win and 300 Win Mag) rifle hunter for pronghorn, whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, and hogs.
On a recent trip to visit family in TX, I shot a pig with my brother's Bushmaster .223. I really enjoyed the AR platform, but wanted a little more power.
This made me want to to trade in my .270 Win and start looking for an AR such as the 6.5 Grendel. This seems perfect for most game that I like to hunt.
I have done a few weeks of research and saw mixed information about top 6.5 Grendel manufacturers. PewPew Tactical had some recommendations such as Atheris, PSA, ACME, Grendel Hunter, and Atheris. I was not sure of the quality of these manufacturers. And I found Precision Firearms and really liked what I was seeing about their builds.
I would love to get some feed back on some of the better 6.5 Grendel manufacturers especially with a 24" barrel configuration for long range shooting and hunting small/midsize game.
On a recent trip to visit family in TX, I shot a pig with my brother's Bushmaster .223. I really enjoyed the AR platform, but wanted a little more power.
This made me want to to trade in my .270 Win and start looking for an AR such as the 6.5 Grendel. This seems perfect for most game that I like to hunt.
I have done a few weeks of research and saw mixed information about top 6.5 Grendel manufacturers. PewPew Tactical had some recommendations such as Atheris, PSA, ACME, Grendel Hunter, and Atheris. I was not sure of the quality of these manufacturers. And I found Precision Firearms and really liked what I was seeing about their builds.
I would love to get some feed back on some of the better 6.5 Grendel manufacturers especially with a 24" barrel configuration for long range shooting and hunting small/midsize game.

