Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Expander Mandrel Size?
#5
Cs22 Wrote:I've learned a ton of knowledge from you guys already, but I feel I need some opinions on my reloading process. I'm a new reloader and I purchased a lee die set to help save money for the rest of the reloading equipment.
After resizing with the expander ball my neck tension is varying up to .0025. In reloading for an ar platform and I'm wanting to avoid crimping as well as get more consistent neck tension.
I'm considering removing the expander ball and using and expander mandrel from 21century. The smallest they have is 0.261. Would this give enough neck tension after spring back. I've read many of you dont like less than .003 neck tension for gas guns.

.0025" ID is a lot of case variation. I would recommend figuring out why you have so much prior to mandrel sizing. Assuming you aren't mixing brands of brass or once fired and five fired cases, you'd likely have just as much neck size variation after sizing with a mandrel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 04-29-2020, 01:59 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by A5BLASTER - 04-29-2020, 04:00 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Bobke - 04-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 04-29-2020, 08:01 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by centerfire - 04-29-2020, 07:23 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 04-30-2020, 09:08 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 04-30-2020, 10:13 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 05-01-2020, 01:24 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 05-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 05-01-2020, 02:04 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 05-01-2020, 04:57 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 05-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by centerfire - 05-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 05-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 05-02-2020, 03:02 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Kswhitetails - 05-06-2020, 05:00 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 05-06-2020, 10:25 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Cs22 - 05-06-2020, 11:36 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by Klem - 05-07-2020, 12:09 AM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by centerfire - 05-07-2020, 08:01 PM
Expander Mandrel Size? - by lazyengineer - 05-08-2020, 12:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)