04-04-2020, 12:11 AM
Shot my first Grendel deer last fall.
A 150lb doe at 125 yds quartering away and standing. Bullet went in the left side breaking the 2nd and 3rd ribs from the back. Out between the right shoulder and the neck with three broken ribs. Dropped in her tracks and slid about 20' down the hill in the snow until she fetched up against a down log. The lungs and blood vessels above the heart were shredded. Once I opened up the the diaphragm I was able to pull the heart and most of the lungs out without cutting.
Load:
Hornady 123gr. SST
CCI 450
27.0gr IMR8208XBR
Hornady brass
2.267"
2440fps
LOVE my Grendels!
John
A 150lb doe at 125 yds quartering away and standing. Bullet went in the left side breaking the 2nd and 3rd ribs from the back. Out between the right shoulder and the neck with three broken ribs. Dropped in her tracks and slid about 20' down the hill in the snow until she fetched up against a down log. The lungs and blood vessels above the heart were shredded. Once I opened up the the diaphragm I was able to pull the heart and most of the lungs out without cutting.
Load:
Hornady 123gr. SST
CCI 450
27.0gr IMR8208XBR
Hornady brass
2.267"
2440fps
LOVE my Grendels!
John

