No "Mil-Spec" for the AR-10. 2 major designs, Armalite and DPMS. DPMS is the current front runner.
Eabco.com sells Ballistic Advantage barrels. Aero Precision bought BA in 2014. https://www.eabco.net This is where I would look for ideas about barrel construction.
An AR-10 for hunting is going to be heavy.
My Aero M5E build with Magpul PRS stock, LaRue Mount, and Ziess HD5 5-25×50, heavy profile barrel eabco #194-BABL65CR04P weighs about 13 pounds. I did build this as a heavy, would not want to lug it around unless getting off a horse or drove in. Pencil weight barrel and polymer lower, carbon handguard to keep weight down if ever a future build.
https://www.eabco.net/65-Creedmoor-AR10-...15508.html
I would like a pencil weight, carbon wrapped barrel with a 1&7.5 rh twist. 20-24 inches, rifle length gas, gas port sized correctly for barrel and gas length. standard DPMS .308 bolt will work. I have only shot factory Hornady Precision 143ELDX
then started handloading, so not sure about other brands loaded specs.
Not sure about the reamer.
Eabco.com sells Ballistic Advantage barrels. Aero Precision bought BA in 2014. https://www.eabco.net This is where I would look for ideas about barrel construction.
An AR-10 for hunting is going to be heavy.
My Aero M5E build with Magpul PRS stock, LaRue Mount, and Ziess HD5 5-25×50, heavy profile barrel eabco #194-BABL65CR04P weighs about 13 pounds. I did build this as a heavy, would not want to lug it around unless getting off a horse or drove in. Pencil weight barrel and polymer lower, carbon handguard to keep weight down if ever a future build.
https://www.eabco.net/65-Creedmoor-AR10-...15508.html
I would like a pencil weight, carbon wrapped barrel with a 1&7.5 rh twist. 20-24 inches, rifle length gas, gas port sized correctly for barrel and gas length. standard DPMS .308 bolt will work. I have only shot factory Hornady Precision 143ELDX
then started handloading, so not sure about other brands loaded specs.
Not sure about the reamer.
""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

