03-30-2020, 04:23 PM
DPMS is the current benchmark
1/8 is the standard twist
gas port - Couldn't say, though I think it's typical rifle-length location and runs on a typical rifle gas tube. Probably best to just buy a PSA or DPMS CM barrel to confirm, I suppose. Most folks run an adjustable gas-block these days on a Creedmoor anyway.
For material and finish, I like black malonited SS myself. It has an attractive oily looking sheen to it. SS is supposedly easier to cut to precision dimensions, and the maloniting supposedly then surface hardens it. In my own experience, I have found it to be the best of all worlds.
Couldn't say on bolt items, I'd start with DPMS standard I suppose.
Don't know much on reamer
Couldn't say on neck diameter, but I'd build it around Hornady's offerings, since that's the most common brass I find on ground.
For barrel extension, I would suggest going with one 0.001" thicker than normal, for a tighter fit. i.e., standard barrel extension for a .223 AR barrel is 0.999" diameter. In my .233 match rifles I run them at 1.000", and they fit nice and tight into the receiver that way. I don't know nominal dimensions for .308 class extensions though.
1/8 is the standard twist
gas port - Couldn't say, though I think it's typical rifle-length location and runs on a typical rifle gas tube. Probably best to just buy a PSA or DPMS CM barrel to confirm, I suppose. Most folks run an adjustable gas-block these days on a Creedmoor anyway.
For material and finish, I like black malonited SS myself. It has an attractive oily looking sheen to it. SS is supposedly easier to cut to precision dimensions, and the maloniting supposedly then surface hardens it. In my own experience, I have found it to be the best of all worlds.
Couldn't say on bolt items, I'd start with DPMS standard I suppose.
Don't know much on reamer
Couldn't say on neck diameter, but I'd build it around Hornady's offerings, since that's the most common brass I find on ground.
For barrel extension, I would suggest going with one 0.001" thicker than normal, for a tighter fit. i.e., standard barrel extension for a .223 AR barrel is 0.999" diameter. In my .233 match rifles I run them at 1.000", and they fit nice and tight into the receiver that way. I don't know nominal dimensions for .308 class extensions though.

