Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Grit Lapping Compound and which Loctite for Bedding?
#5
Wheeler 220 grit lapping compound . After I lap the upper, I clean it out well with brake cleaner , then I wash it out w/soap and water. I put black Molly grease on the barrel extension and on the reciever threads,screw on the barrel nut and tork to 40 ft lbs. I never found it necessary to loctite barrels.
But I have friends who use loctite .One in particular who came over and we took apart 6 of his AR15 uppers and put red loctite on all the barrel extensions.All his rifles were already accurate.I have seen nothing to convince me that I should be putting loctite on my AR15 barrels.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What Grit Lapping Compound and which Loctite for Bedding? - by FLshooter - 03-29-2020, 01:39 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)