I don't have thermal so all my shots are one shot and done as it is hard to see what happens after a shot due to the muzzle flash in front of the scope. I also almost always try to make head or neck hits with the occasional high shoulder spine hit. The last three times I was out I have been in and around cows every time I saw hogs. In fact I often check the area around the cows out first. That said this year I have only taken 8 hogs since 2020 began and 2 of them were with snares. China virus has saddled me with my grandkids and I don't think they are up to sneaking around in the dark after pigs. As for shooting spooking the cows several times I have had them come check me out after firing my 223 bolt gun but often they just move a little bit or act like nothing happened. Maybe Texas cows are less spooky than Oregon cows.
|
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by Double Naught Spy - 03-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by HuntTXhogs - 03-28-2020, 06:30 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by Lemonaid - 03-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by sundowner - 03-28-2020, 07:13 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by CJW - 03-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by rickt300 - 03-29-2020, 01:52 AM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by oyster - 03-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by Double Naught Spy - 03-30-2020, 02:00 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by Double Naught Spy - 03-28-2020, 08:41 PM
Three More Hogs Among the Cattle - by tdbru - 03-28-2020, 09:16 PM
|
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

