03-22-2020, 11:14 PM
I can't help you much on this season. My wife started deer hunting about 10 years ago. She's taken a couple nice young bucks, but she's really been looking for a trophy ever since. She managed to put this one down this year (albeit, not with a Grendel). http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...l-kill-but
We're blessed with having a quarter section with a really good whitetail population with quite a few nice bucks showing up. We just picked up another quarter that looks like it has a lot of potential. That said, I've spent the last few years working really hard on getting her a wall hanger. The crazy thing is, she bagged it when we weren't hunting together. Still, that made me happier than anything I could have shot with my Grendels.
For the last four years though, I've taken a whitetail doe every year with a Grendel AR. I used factory Hornday SST's on all of them. Two ran about 100 yds, one made it about 5 yds, and one dropped in place.
We're blessed with having a quarter section with a really good whitetail population with quite a few nice bucks showing up. We just picked up another quarter that looks like it has a lot of potential. That said, I've spent the last few years working really hard on getting her a wall hanger. The crazy thing is, she bagged it when we weren't hunting together. Still, that made me happier than anything I could have shot with my Grendels.
For the last four years though, I've taken a whitetail doe every year with a Grendel AR. I used factory Hornday SST's on all of them. Two ran about 100 yds, one made it about 5 yds, and one dropped in place.

