03-18-2020, 01:51 AM
Hey guys Ive had 2 Grendel uppers in the past but wanted to build one myself this time. Going on a spikes billet build, Im torn with what barrel to get. Looking for 18, nothing too heavy but definitely not a pencil barrel either. Medium contour or maybe slightly heavier if its fluted. It looks like decent brands for the build I have seen are Sandors, Ballistic Advantage, Black Hole, Faxon and Odin. I like that Odin had a drop in kit (gas block, BCG, etc) It also seems like most ppl are swapping out the Odin adjustable block it comes with. There is so much between the type 1, type 2, SAAMI, etc that I would like to keep the bolt and barrel the same. Definitely want sub MOA. Looking to spend up to 500-550 for the barrel, bolt and gas block. Please let me know what you guys would pick and why. It seems like the 5R you get better velocity for the same length barrel. Id also prefer nitride and if it isnt then a matte finish instead of shiny stainless.

