Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15?
#6
MichiganMitten Wrote:Fluting increases rigidity of a barrel compared to a barrel of the same WEIGHT that is not fluted. That means I can get more accuracy and heat dissipation of a given weight by going fluted. As I don't want a simple bench rest rifle, this is very desirable to me.

I'd prefer to know what I am talking about before talking to Mark at PF again. My ignorance didn't serve me well my last conversation, and it seems he is extremely busy.

I also don't want to just go as thin as possible to save as much weight as possible. That seems like a bad bet, to get one of the best barrel brands, and then remove all it's rigidity by going super thin. I'd being doing the quality of the barrel a disservice.

So I am looking for the best compromise on the weight to rigidity slider scale.

Best of luck too you sir.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by MichiganMitten - 03-17-2020, 02:44 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by grayfox - 03-17-2020, 03:49 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by A5BLASTER - 03-17-2020, 04:03 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by MichiganMitten - 03-17-2020, 05:46 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by mdram - 03-17-2020, 05:49 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by A5BLASTER - 03-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by FLshooter - 03-17-2020, 06:03 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by grayfox - 03-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Jakegsxr11 - 03-17-2020, 06:55 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by MichiganMitten - 03-17-2020, 07:26 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by MichiganMitten - 03-17-2020, 07:27 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Jakegsxr11 - 03-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Jakegsxr11 - 03-18-2020, 01:18 AM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by biodsl - 03-18-2020, 01:45 AM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Old Bob - 03-19-2020, 11:29 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by MichiganMitten - 03-20-2020, 07:52 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Bobke - 03-20-2020, 07:56 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Klem - 03-20-2020, 11:18 PM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by FLshooter - 03-21-2020, 01:54 AM
Barrel profile for 18" AR 15? - by Klem - 03-20-2020, 01:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)