Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SW Match Rifle & 120 Gold Dots
#4
Bat Rastard Wrote:SW Match Rifle is very much like AA2520. Some say it's the same. I have not tried the SW yet, but I will when I run out of 2520. I have had great results with 30.2 grains of 2520 & Gold Dots in my Ruger Predator.

Still learning it’s history.

As I understand it, today.......

The original Accurate 2520 was manufactured in Belgium. Ive seen a post on another forum from someone at Western Powders in April 2016 saying, the new Western Powders version of 2520 is being made at St Marks, Fl now and has a different shape for better temperature stability. Which sounds reasonable, and may explain the difference in the two, and why the original formula had a reputation for being “hotter”.

Shooters World “Match Rifle” is made by Lovex, in the Czech Republic and is just rebranded Lovex 073.06. Which I’ve “heard”, is the original “hotter” 2520 formula.

2700 FPS w/120 Gold Dots and no apparent pressure signs or speed spike anomalies is not too shabby. IMO. Cool
Reply


Messages In This Thread
SW Match Rifle & 120 Gold Dots - by Harpoon1 - 03-13-2020, 05:40 PM
SW Match Rifle & 120 Gold Dots - by pacificpt - 03-14-2020, 12:04 AM
SW Match Rifle & 120 Gold Dots - by Bat Rastard - 03-16-2020, 04:28 PM
SW Match Rifle & 120 Gold Dots - by Harpoon1 - 03-16-2020, 05:57 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)