03-15-2020, 10:17 PM
DNS, Good food for thought. I don't have a suppressor, just a thread protector on the barrel, and so I don't really know how loud it is out in front, but it is not loud at all to me. Of course 30 yrs in a petro chemical plant didn't leave me with great hearing. There have been several occasions over the past 25 years of shooting hogs on my property and some of the surrounding property where I actually shot hogs that were just beyond a group of cows bedded down,(sometimes in between two cows),
and the cows didn't even get up or quit chewing their cud. The nearby deer didn't do anything but look up for a few minutes.Go figure, seems strange to me.
Seems a lot of animals are not as spooky at night as they are in the day. I have to almost bump the cows out of the road to get by them sometimes. The deer, and the cattle around here are quite tame, and there is shooting going on at night pretty often, maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks again for the info and especially the videos. Keep on "taking them sus"
and the cows didn't even get up or quit chewing their cud. The nearby deer didn't do anything but look up for a few minutes.Go figure, seems strange to me.
Seems a lot of animals are not as spooky at night as they are in the day. I have to almost bump the cows out of the road to get by them sometimes. The deer, and the cattle around here are quite tame, and there is shooting going on at night pretty often, maybe that has something to do with it. Thanks again for the info and especially the videos. Keep on "taking them sus"

