03-11-2020, 10:04 PM
m796rider Wrote:After modding the right side feed lips to clear the bolt, mags work 100% in my KS-47. I'm waiting for them to go on sale again to pick up a few more 30 rounders.
ETA: I think I will shave a bit off one of the bolt lugs to better match the 7.62x39 bolt that came with the KS-47 and see if this runs with unmodded mags.
I'm reeeeeally curious to see what you would suggest for the final result (mag mod vs. no mag mod).
How did you re-profile the non-PSA bolt? Just filed it down? What about the magazine?
I bought a mag, stripped upper/complete lower and had the same result (getting stuck on the magazine). I was about to abandon the project and just make a 7.62x39 pistol out of it then saw the work you did.
I'm still intrigued, but man i was hoping it would be a lot easier than this!

