Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alexander Arms DIY Kit
#11
I have a 1:9 twist Shilen 6.5 Grendel that has proven accurate for me but I haven’t shot very many 129 grain bullets. I think Bill A. mentioned the longer barrels did well with 1:9 twist. The 1:9 twist was the traditional twist for the 264 Winchester Magnum and I believe the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser plus Mannlicher–Schoenauer 6.5×54mm used 1:9 twist. The 6.5x54 M/S used some pretty long bullets. If I had the option of buying my Shilen with 1:8 twist in 2012 I would’ve bought it instead of the 1:9. Back then you were lucky to find any 6.5 Grendel barrels in stock. There are way more options today.

I bought one of the Group Buy 12 inch barrels with the fast 1:7.5 twist just because I was curious how it would compare to my PSA 1:8 twist barrel. Be sure to let us know how your AA 1:9 twist barrel shoots.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by MeatySweats - 03-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by grayfox - 03-05-2020, 12:08 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by ricsmall - 03-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by LRRPF52 - 03-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-06-2020, 06:35 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by brian y - 03-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by Harpoon1 - 03-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by VASCAR2 - 03-11-2020, 02:32 AM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by Jakal - 03-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-12-2020, 06:41 AM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-12-2020, 06:44 AM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by MeatySweats - 03-12-2020, 07:14 AM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by joedirt199 - 03-12-2020, 02:05 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by VASCAR2 - 03-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by lazyengineer - 03-15-2020, 09:10 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by VASCAR2 - 03-15-2020, 10:23 PM
Alexander Arms DIY Kit - by Shooterrex - 03-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)