02-27-2020, 11:04 PM
Since Grendel doesn't operate at high chamber pressure and isn't over-bored looking at bore-to--case diameter, throat and barrel life exceed that of the .308 Winchester, which is the gold standard in barrel life among people that track barrel life closely.
I used 2 different Faxon Group Buy nitrided barrels from the forum, and recently got a 10.5" Criterion from Precision Firearms for another short build.
![[Image: 20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/65%20Grendel%20Reloading/20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg)
I've used 2A Balios Lite and standard forged receivers for these (AA upper with PF lower on mine), and would also consider a LaRue Stealth 2.0 receiver set for the next one.
My LaRue Stealth 2.0 18" is the most solid-feeling, one-piece-like AR15 I own if you're into that. You get billet plus good value retention with the LaRue option.
I used 2 different Faxon Group Buy nitrided barrels from the forum, and recently got a 10.5" Criterion from Precision Firearms for another short build.
![[Image: 20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg]](https://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/LRRPF52/65%20Grendel%20Reloading/20190301_184113_zpsfgcbtjq1.jpg)
I've used 2A Balios Lite and standard forged receivers for these (AA upper with PF lower on mine), and would also consider a LaRue Stealth 2.0 receiver set for the next one.
My LaRue Stealth 2.0 18" is the most solid-feeling, one-piece-like AR15 I own if you're into that. You get billet plus good value retention with the LaRue option.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
