Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Duracoat Stainless Barrel?
#12
Wethepeople Wrote:As already stated, just remove the handguard and clean it and reinstall. It really isn't difficult.

If you wanted it painted, that cerakote job for $40 was a fair deal. If you rattle can DuraCoat, buy the paint and the recommended TruStrip cleaner/degreaser kit from Lauer Custom Weaponry, that kit will cost near $50. If you have a good sprayer or airbrush and propellant already you might DuraCoat it a little cheaper.

I haven't used DuraCoat on stainless so don't know how well it works. For application questions give Lauer a call and they'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Yea, I definitely should have jumped on the cerakote.
I ended up cheaping out and going with some duplicolor high heat engine paint. I'd read mixed reviews about it and I dont know how it would hold up to solvents but I was very impressed with the handling it that got done during the install.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 01-20-2020, 01:10 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by A5BLASTER - 01-20-2020, 01:15 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 01-20-2020, 01:28 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by FRB6.5 - 01-20-2020, 03:26 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Chance-dg - 02-16-2020, 04:44 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Wafavre2 - 02-16-2020, 01:19 PM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Wethepeople - 02-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 02-24-2020, 01:25 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 02-24-2020, 01:29 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 02-24-2020, 01:33 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 02-24-2020, 01:35 AM
Duracoat Stainless Barrel? - by Cs22 - 02-24-2020, 01:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)