02-23-2020, 06:21 PM
I remember a while back when my buddy who was new to AR15, got himself an Anderson predator complete rifle. I took him to the gun club to shoot it for the very first time. After maybe 20 rounds, he started having cycling and feeding problems.
I asked him ,did you lube that thing?Because,Andersons are notorious for coming from the factory dry. He was telling me about the supersonic $25 miracle oil he was going to buy. I laughed and took him to the back of my truck where I had a quart of generator oil, probably straight 30.
I took his Bolt Carrier Assy,put it in a rag w/oil and lubed it up. We slapped it back in his rifle.Low and behold ,no more cycling problems .It fed and ejected perfectly. I’m not recommending motor oil.My only point is that any lube is better than no lube.
I asked him ,did you lube that thing?Because,Andersons are notorious for coming from the factory dry. He was telling me about the supersonic $25 miracle oil he was going to buy. I laughed and took him to the back of my truck where I had a quart of generator oil, probably straight 30.
I took his Bolt Carrier Assy,put it in a rag w/oil and lubed it up. We slapped it back in his rifle.Low and behold ,no more cycling problems .It fed and ejected perfectly. I’m not recommending motor oil.My only point is that any lube is better than no lube.

