02-16-2020, 12:45 AM
guitarhillbilly Wrote:I could see the $20.00 Sinclair tool would allow a non-reloader to measure factory AMMO to the bullet Ogive. Measuring off the bullet tip is not a very accurate method.
Take 3 boxes of your favorite factory Ammo and measure each round and cull them into same size groupings for shooting. Might get 35-40 rounds from 3 - 20 round boxes that measured within a .002" OAL of each other.
This would give better accuracy than just shooting everything in the box without regard to OAL measured at the ogive.
Ok I'm going to say it.
Why on goods green earth would someone who doesn't reload/handload buy this tool to measure the cartridge length to ojive?
If they don't reload/handload they don't have the tools are knowledge to do anything about where a factory load is compared to the lands in their chamber.
I'm sorry but your reasoning for suggesting that ptg tool makes zero sense.

