03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
I have learned that in fast action moving engagements, such as a helo hog hunt, the EOTech is king. On the recent trip I took there were a variety of optics being used including EOTech, Aimpoints, Acogs, T-1 micros, 1-4x combat scopes and others as well as iron sights. At the end of the day, the consensus of the group was the EOTech was the best optic for that particular situation. This group I was with was not just a bunch of bubba hunters. There were combat veterans, firearm and defense instructors, law enforcement officers and a gun store/range owner amongst us so the knowledge and experience base was vast.
On a related note, I was watching a show on the Coast Guard the other day and noticed they had EOTechs on their M107s for taking out boat engines from a helicopter.
On a related note, I was watching a show on the Coast Guard the other day and noticed they had EOTechs on their M107s for taking out boat engines from a helicopter.

