02-12-2020, 02:33 AM
FRB6.5 Wrote:Pretty sure .300 Whisper was created in the early 1990's (J.D. Jones/SSK). I recall shooting a memorial match in Tucson 1995, for the late Bruce Nelson. There was a competitor running a suppressed .300 Whisper AR.
There is also a .375 Cheytac that is popular for ELR.
Roger that. The list I'm working off of has dates of formal acceptance. Some of them seem off to me.
I remember when .300 Whisper was first mentioned and it was a JD Jones creation in the 1990s. I mentioned that in the other thread about advertising or lack thereof for 6.5 Grendel.
Of all these cartridges, I bet 6.5 Grendel, .300 BLK, and .17 HMR have the highest production numbers, along with 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.8 SPC.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
