Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
EOTech or Aimpoint
#3
I've used both fairly extensively in the military and the civilian side. I bought my own 551 before we deployed to OIF1, so I had my issued Aimpoint, the Eotech, and another 40mm Red Dot for my choice.

Eotech pros:

I like the Eotechs for the field of view and lack of tunneling effect.

I also like the small center dot of the Eotech, as well as the brightness range.

The Eotech has its own mounting interface in the unit.

There are at least 3 battery types to choose from with the Eotech, to include AA, N, and CR123 (Surefire or tac light batteries).

Cons with the Eotech: The ON/OFF interface on the earlier models kinda sucks, especially with gloves.

Aimpoint pros:

Easy to turn ON/OFF
Fairly durable, although I had plenty Comp M's that shut off on me right as I went to break the trigger on Army Qualification ranges for record (still got Expert using the BUIS and Aimpoint when it decided to stay on).

The dot brightness can be adjusted to any light conditions.

Cons:

Tunneling effect
Dot may be larger than some people like, though not a biggy with me.
You need to purchase a mount in addition to the optic, unless you get a package deal.

I would go with the Eotech XPS, with the drop compensator dot reticle. They are $400 and change.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
EOTech or Aimpoint - by CPT.CRAZY - 03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by Rambozo - 03-04-2012, 11:36 PM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by LRRPF52 - 03-05-2012, 12:53 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by Variable - 03-05-2012, 01:08 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by kamrr4437 - 03-05-2012, 02:08 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by Rambozo - 03-05-2012, 02:12 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by LRRPF52 - 03-05-2012, 02:28 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by VASCAR2 - 03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by QuadCam - 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by txgunner00 - 03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by CPT.CRAZY - 03-09-2012, 03:53 AM
EOTech or Aimpoint - by txgunner00 - 03-09-2012, 04:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)