Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Accurate 2520
#5
It is a ball powder so don't expect to get low ES and SD and velocities will change some with temp swings. I shot it in a Springfield M1A1 308 with 168 Sierra MKs in the 1980s for over the course rifle matches and it would keep a bullet in the X ring at 600 yards if I did my job. As to burn rate it is my opinion from using it that it is between IMR 4895 and IMR 4064. It also shot pretty good in the M1 Garand. Was about the cheapest powder you could get back then also. I had just a little bit left in the powder locker and tried it in the Grendel when I was trying to get the Hornady 123 SST bullet to shoot but it was a feudal attempt because that bullet just will not shoot well in either of my rifles no matter what powder or load was tried. The places local that I can get powders has not had any AA2520 in a LOOOOOOOG time. IMR 8208 with 120s is what I use in the Grendel but I have only been into the Grendel for a couple years and have not had time to really do the work with it with light and heaver bullets that I want to.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Accurate 2520 - by Wethepeople - 02-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Accurate 2520 - by Bat Rastard - 02-06-2020, 04:22 PM
Accurate 2520 - by glk45 - 02-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Accurate 2520 - by 1Shot - 02-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Accurate 2520 - by glk45 - 02-09-2020, 12:33 PM
Accurate 2520 - by centerfire - 02-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Accurate 2520 - by Mad Charlie - 02-10-2020, 01:41 AM
Accurate 2520 - by centerfire - 02-10-2020, 04:15 AM
Accurate 2520 - by Grendelshooter - 02-10-2020, 04:16 AM
Accurate 2520 - by LRRPF52 - 02-10-2020, 06:47 PM
Accurate 2520 - by BluntForceTrauma - 02-04-2020, 04:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)